Pages

Saturday 20 September 2014

Say hello to Tizzie!

www.facebook.com/vuepointuk

Greetings Vuepoint readers!

My name is Tizzie and I live in the beautiful city of Canterbury. I’m 19 and a second year Film student at the University of Kent. I’m pretty bad at writing about myself, but I think the best way to get to know me is through my ‘TOP 10 BEST FILMS EVER!’


10. ‘Hot Fuzz’ (Edgar Wright, 2007)
                Pegg and Frost are my favourite actor duo. They are absolutely hilarious and this film is by far their best. It’s also really quotable and I’m yet to come across someone who hasn’t seen it. Despite its violent deaths which, if they weren’t so amusingly fake, would make my stomach churn, it’s a favourite in my family.


9. ‘The Silence of the Lambs’ (Jonathan Demme, 1991)
                I was first introduced to this masterpiece during AS Film Studies at school. I can remember being in awe of its amazing storyline, characterisation and, more than anything, Jodie Foster’s tiny, tiny nose.


8. ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’ (Anthony & Joe Russo, 2014)
                Cap is, secretly, my favourite member of the Avengers but shh. ‘Winter Soldier’ kept me on the edge of me seat the whole way through (though that’s partially because I couldn’t reach the popcorn otherwise). I loved the inclusion of Black Widow, I even had a miniature fangirl over the arrow necklace, which was clearly a present from Hawkeye. I even shed a small tear when the true identity of the Winter Soldier was revealed.


7. ‘The Lovely Bones’ (Peter Jackson, 2009)
                One of my favourite books made into one of my favourite films. The storyline reminds me of something from an episode of CSI or Criminal Minds, but it’s the cinematography that really stood out here. The whole film is so beautifully made and has stunning colour pallets.


6. ‘Good Burger’ (Brian Robbins, 1997)
                This Nickelodeon comedy starring Kenan & Kel is a childhood favourite of mine. I had it on VCR and watched it so often that the tape ended up unravelling whilst inside my television. With a mixture of childish humour and adult subtext, teamed with a killer soundtrack (featuring the amazing ‘I’m a Dude, She’s a Dude’), this film is a guaranteed hit with absolutely any audience. Except maybe my Nan, but that’s solely because she doesn’t like burgers.


5. ‘Clueless’ (Amy Heckerling, 1995)
                I love watching ‘Clueless’ because it’s basically a ridiculous stereotypical rich white girl from the nineties, and what could be funnier? It’s got some amazing slang terms; such as ‘I’m Audi’, meaning ‘I’m out’; and a great nostalgic soundtrack. Despite some questionable fashion choices from the whole cast, it’s an enjoyable film.


4. ‘The Fault in Our Stars’ (Josh Boone, 2014)
                TFIOS is my favourite book of all time, so it was inevitable that the film would appear on this list. I saw this film three times in the cinema and cried every time, even though I know the story like the back of my hand. There were many times through the film where I was laughing my head off, with tears streaming down my face. It also has a brilliant soundtrack, with a real mixture of songs, ranging from Ed Sheeran to Swedish rappers Afasi and Filthy. I absolutely can’t wait for the DVD to be released in the UK on 3rd November (the day before my birthday, fyi)


3. ‘Tangled’ (Nathan Greeno & Byron Howard, 2010)
                My favourite Disney film is Tangled, the story of Rapunzel. It has some awesome songs and music, composed by Alan Menken. It may be a weird way to watch it, but I like to watch Rapunzel’s hair for any subliminal messages or strange shapes.


2. ‘Kiki’s Delivery Service’ (Hayao Miyazaki, 1989)
                A Studio Ghibli! Hurrah! Its simple narrative and characters makes it really easy to fall in love with. Miyazaki’s characterisation of animals is really something to be admired, my favourite being JiJi, Kiki’s black cat.


1. ‘Moonrise Kingdom’ (Wes Anderson, 2012)
                Wes Anderson’s penchant for symmetrical frames makes me extremely happy. I also love this film for its protagonists; Suzy Bishop and Sam Shakusky. Despite being children, they are given in-depth back stories and are actually believable characters, unlike many young people in films. Again, it has a great soundtrack which I could listen to over and over.



It’s a pretty weird mix, huh? Well, that’s me; a weird mix of tastes and opinions, from films and TV, to books and food, I’m just strange. I hope this introduction to me has been enjoyable for you to read and that you’ll maybe read more of my stuff in the future. I’m really looking forward to writing more articles, reviews and top tens.

Follow me on some things;
Twitter: @snivysaurus
Tumblr: Snivysaurusmonsterr

Instagram: @tizziekite

No comments:

Post a Comment